Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Belli et Pacis: Child of War

Belli et Pacis

What is your suffering compared to mine?
It pales in comparison
Yet your pain makes me forget my own pain
Perhaps my pain is too deep in magnitude
That's why
In greatness my pain can hug your pain
In its overwhelming vastness.

I am a Muslim.
I am a child of war in the 70s.
Yet I didn't wage a personal war Alhamdulillaah
Against the perpetrators who razed down Jolo
In 1974.

I didn't bear any grudge against those who terrorized my hometown from above from below and from the seas.

I have learnt a lot from that war and the succeeding wars around me and my world enough for me to set an example of how peaceful and beautiful Islam is. 

The wisdom learned is not to waste a moment living and dying in hate.

For those of us who were spared and not directly ravaged by this ugly war, give solace and sanctuary to all those victims regardless of faith. Offer your inner peace as a sanctuary for the beleaguered and oppressed albeit regardless of faith or citizenship, the rule of law must prevail. 

War is inevitable for many hollow reasons such as promotion, arms trade, geopolitics, oil, pumping up economy and stupidly for the reason of peace. 

Thus, war just like terrorism is institutionalized to legitimize bloodshed and killing with the most sophisticated artillery cloaked in parity of rights and even nuclear capability. 

Where then is the amity of nations? The IHL and the Laws of War and Peace including peacekeepers are reduced to a parody by those bingo masterminds with equally warped mensa IQ with worst nadirEQ, too.

Ultimately, all this is about ignorance both of the educated and the academically challenged regarding the highest moral order of human dignity at all times whether in times of peace or in times of war. 

Give sincerely in good faith what is due to others so there would no longer be the need for its assertion. Like you the pioneers who you perceive as minority are not and cannot be dispossessed of human dignity, too.


In the battleground of hearts of minds, "allout truth; all out justice; and all out peace " is the unified battlecry! 

‪#‎moro4peace‬
‪#‎BigPicture‬

No comments:

Post a Comment