Popular Posts

Sunday, January 7, 2018

A Unicorn Song



Each step I take each moment
defines what Agony means
Will my own bare hands tear down
What we painstakingly build?
Each screw and bolt echoes
The Sign with clarity oh woeful
Finality. In splendor Dome seems
to console like azure sky assuring.
I stare blankly at jade diamonds
Its fluidity intense. Flying off the
canvas to calm me saying: Feel!
More than Maldives am soothing.
Some Drone did capture how quaint
you are when viewed from afar
A panorama worth scaling
by a lone Eagle's loving eyes.
My Heart is mirrored in your depths
A thirst Thy lake shall slake
Reflecting iridescent against Light
opalescent is Iris playing tricks?
Our local sandbar's incomparable
To any moonshine lit sand dune
Worry would die to freely melt
repose in Thy Loving waves.
Each step I take each moment
defines what Agony means
Will my own bare hands tear down
What we painstakingly build?
Remorse has a way of romanticizing
Morose bedevils as Faith squirms
How horrid if Fiery Flames gutted this up
Or Loony cyclone brought its ruin.
Now ask me: Will I take a longer last look
Before everything will turn to shreds?
Warring demons quieten in respect
In my Khaleel, Refuge I seek: Solace granted.
My Beloved never absconds Promise
Alhamdulillaahi alaa kulli haal
Unlike Phoenix: Unicorn soars
to oh-so-lofty heavens. 
-A Unicorn Song- wsj 01/07/2018 5:15pm

No comments:

Post a Comment